WordPress is like computer software (think Microsoft Operating System). There are updates and security patches to do all the time and it’s important to do them every week to prevent hacking or malfunctions.
While you may able to do the WordPress updates yourself, as we explain in this article, there is always something else that needs professional attention, whether is the new feature of a plugin update, speed issue, hosting server PHP update or broken links on the site.
So for all these issues, we offer a WordPress monthly update program and we’ll take care of all updates every week and fix possible hacking issues if they occur on the site.
WordPress Website Update Program By local Jacksonville Website Developer
- Weekly plugin, system or theme updates*
- Possible extra plugin configuration after update
- Security monitoring to prevent hackings
- Emergency support and website fix/restore in case of hacking (up to 3 hours)
- Extra backup on-site (in case the site is not hosted with a service that already makes routine backups)
- Performance and load speed optimization
- Check-out and resolve possible issues such as plugin conflicts, PHP server updates2, 404 errors or broken links3
*Doesn’t include the cost of license premium plugins – We will ask permission to buy the new license. These are licenses that sometimes were purchased with your initial website design.
2Doesn’t include hosting services such as email issues, domain redirection, and hosting issues. An IT person or the hosting company needs to be called to solve these issues.
3Broken links usually occur because external websites removed the content that was linked or because pages on the website were deleted. If broken links can easily be fixed that will be included in the service otherwise the client will be notified on how to proceed and they may be an extra charge.
Jacksonville WordPress Management Program
If your site requires constant content updates and management, but you don’t have time, we also offer a WordPress Management Program**
- WordPress content update, adding or editing content for pages or blog articles*
- Sharing blog articles on client social media
- User management (ex. adding, removing users, reset password)
- eCommerce product updates
- Membership support
*Blog article writing and stock photos not included
**Up to 4 hours / month